Sling mesh fabric has long been a mainstay in the outdoor furniture world. It looks great, requires minimal maintenance, dries quickly and continues to look great through multiple seasons. There are a few different combinations of product used to make sling. We use Batyline® by Serge Ferrari which is made of a combination of high-tenacity polyester yarn covered by a coating of pvc. It is extremely durable resistant to cracking, nearly impossible to tear. It is resistant to mildew, rot, and highly resistant to UV and color loss, one reason it is used so often poolside and oceanside. Unlike some slings, Batyline does not deform or create pockets. A patented technology process called Precontraint Serge Ferrari, gives their sling exceptional strength, while keeping it flat stable.
For further comfort, we also offer a Padded Sling which in which the Batyline is sewn together will a slight cushioned filler in between. The filler will also allow the water to pass through, with the result being a ‘cushioned’ sling. For more information on Batyline, go to: http://www.sergeferrari.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/FurnitureDesign-2014_GB-ES.pdf
Care & Maintenance
Like most things in life we need to take care of our furniture especially when it’s outdoors and Mother Nature is going to throw everything at it! Low-maintenance does not mean ‘self-cleaning’ it’s simply easy to care for with minimal effort and cost-effective cleaning products. It is your responsibility to ensure that every reasonable precaution be used in the care and use of your purchase. To help you we’ve compiled Care & Maintenance tips for your patio furniture:
HOW TO CLEAN & MAINTAIN RESIN/POLY-WICKER OUTDOOR FURNITURE FRAMES
- Remove any cushions from your furniture and soak the frame in water; don’t worry, it’s waterproof! A garden hose is effective or a bucket of warm water.
- Spray down the furniture then apply a soap mixture – Mix about ¼ cup (approx 60ML) of mild detergent or dish soap with approximately 1 gallon (approx 3 Liters) of warm water. Moisten a soft-bristle brush into the solution.
- Lightly scrub any dirt from your resin wicker with the soft-bristle brush. The soap solution will help break down dirt making it easier to spray off. Ensure you get between the hand-woven wicker. Use soft bristles to clean hard-to-reach areas.
- For tree sap, try Goo-Gone or a similar product. You MUST rinse this off once tasks is complete as prolonged exposure to these grime removing agents may discolour the weave.
- After brushing the furniture, spray down with garden hose or a bucket of water until all soap residue is gone. Let your patio set dry in the sun for at least 2 hours. Dry time varies pending temperature, humidity, sun exposure, wind etc.
- After everything is dry, return the cushions to the patio furniture. Now sit back and relax because your outdoor wicker furniture set looks as good as new!
Your ARD Outdoor furniture will last for years! If you are unsure of how to properly care for or clean your merchandise, please contact our sales team for expert advise. [email protected]