Outdoor rooms have evolved and we’re no longer simply talking chaise lounges by the pool. Today, fully furnished outdoor family rooms include everything from TVs and pergolas, to kitchens, pizza ovens, and fire places.
Advancements in technology also mean retractable screens can instantly transform an area into a bug free zone, furniture is widely available in marine-worthy materials, shade solutions are offered in a variety of UV protected fabrics, and radiant floor heating and Infra-red (IR) heaters can extend the time we enjoy our outdoor space. Consider these top trends for 2017:
- Conversational Seating: Modular sectionals are ideal for entertaining, while customizable “L” shape, “U” shape or crescent configurations are available to suit any space;
- Colour & Textiles: This year, we are seeing fully upholstered taupes, greys and browns, with splashes of blue, aqua, sea foam and coral in solids, stripes, botanical and animal prints;
- Finish & Weave: Tamer black, brown and white bases are being paired with vibrant, colourful cushions;
- Unexpected Material Mix: Expect the unconventional, like concrete with teak, woven with exposed aluminum or stainless steel;
- Costal Influence: Water colours being paired with modern palettes;
- Accessorize: There are countless opportunities to add personal touches like lanterns, colourful placemats and toss cushions;
- Waterproof Storage: You can never have enough storage and these are essential for cushions and playthings;
- Fire features: These not only add visual impact, the warmth will extend outside enjoyment well into the fall.